Northern Middlesex-Northern New London-Southern Fairfield-
Southern New Haven-Southern Middlesex-Southern New London-Hudson-
Eastern Bergen-Eastern Essex-Eastern Union-Southern Westchester-
New York (Manhattan)-Bronx-Richmond (Staten Island)-
Kings (Brooklyn)-Northwestern Suffolk-Northeastern Suffolk-
Southwestern Suffolk-Southeastern Suffolk-Northern Queens-
Northern Nassau-Southern Queens-Southern Nassau-
412 PM EDT Sun Mar 12 2017
...BLIZZARD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE MONDAY NIGHT
THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING...
* Locations...New York City, Long Island, Southern Westchester,
Southern Fairfield, Southern New Haven, Middlesex, and New
* Hazard Types...Heavy Snow and Blizzard Conditions.
* Snow Accumulations...12 to 18 inches.
* Timing...Late Monday night through Tuesday evening.
* Impacts...Dangerous travel and potential for power outages.
Damaging wind gusts possible across eastern Long Island and
extreme southeastern Connecticut.
* Winds...Northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts 40 to 50 mph.
* Temperatures...In the upper 20s.
* Visibilities...One quarter mile or less at times.
A Blizzard Watch means there is a potential for falling and/or
blowing snow with strong winds and extremely poor visibilities.
This can lead to whiteout conditions and make travel very