Northern Fairfield-Northern New Haven-Western Passaic-
Eastern Passaic-Western Bergen-Western Essex-Western Union-Orange-
412 PM EDT Sun Mar 12 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT MONDAY NIGHT TO
MIDNIGHT EDT TUESDAY NIGHT...
The National Weather Service in Upton has issued a Winter Storm
Warning for heavy snow, which is in effect from midnight Monday
night to midnight EDT Tuesday night. The Winter Storm Watch is no
longer in effect.
* Accumulations...Snow accumulation of 12 to 18 inches.
* Locations...Portions of northeastern New Jersey, Orange,
Putnam, Rockland, Northern Westchester, Northern Fairfield, and
Northern New Haven counties.
* Hazard Types...Heavy Snow.
* Snow Accumulations...12 to 18 inches.
* Timing...Late Monday night through Tuesday evening.
* Impacts...Hazardous travel and potential for power outages.
* Winds...Northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Temperatures...In the mid to upper 20s.
* Visibilities...One quarter mile or less at times.
A Winter Storm Warning for Heavy Snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight...food...
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.